- What motivates you to ride?
- Wow, where do I start? Competing at a high level of course. I've always been a competitive person by nature, and it's only gotten more fierce with age. But I've also gotten to a point where I can balance that drive and passion with having fun.
I LOVE the training aspect of racing at a Pro level. There is nowhere to hide come race day and my goal is to always stand on top of that podium. I'm driven by knowing that I'll never master this sport, but that I can get out there on those cold mornings when others aren't, that I can repeat those 4 small hills over and over and over and over, since others won't. Being able to hold my son on the podium is my newest motivator.
- Biking related goals for 2017:
- To defend my title in the Southern Enduro Tour. To broaden my reach as an Ambassador for the sport and motivate as many people as possible. I'd also like to refine the Skills Clinic program my brother and I have been working on. Lastly, I want to make some sweet edits that go viral.
- Name some of your strengths and talents:
- My personality and passion are two of my biggest strengths. I love riding my bike and I don't hide that from anyone. The ability to relate to people and connect with them is important and I've been working on that for many years. I also take pride in my writing ability. I'm always trying to bring people into my world and paint a vivid picture of what it's like to train and race at this level.